USB Power Delivery is a charging protocol that enables USB-C cables and connectors to deliver higher levels of power to your devices. Provides faster charging, more power for larger devices, shorter charging time, and charge simultaneously between devices. It enables the maximum functionality of USB by providing more flexible power delivery along with data over a single cable.
USB Power Delivery offers the following features:
- Increased power levels from existing USB standards up to 100W.
- Power direction is no longer fixed. This enables the product with the power (Host or Peripheral) to provide the power.
- Optimize power management across multiple peripherals by allowing each device to take only the power it requires, and to get more power when required for a given application.
- Intelligent and flexible system level management of power via optional hub communication with the PC.
- Allows low power cases such as headsets to negotiate for only the power they require.